The Wisconsin Hispanic Scholarship Foundation, Inc. (WHSF) is the bedrock upon which we energize Wisconsin's fastest growing community in pursuit of critically important mission: The provision of educational scholarships for young Hispanic men and women in the state of Wisconsin. To date our foundation has provided more than one million two hundred fifty thousand dollars ($1,300,000.00+) and has leveraged the kind of educational advancement and economic independence essential to a growing society. In efforts to sustain and grow the number of scholarships, WHSF relies upon a time tested series of events that underscore community involvement at many levels.
Mexican Fiesta festival is the WHSF main fundraising event for scholarships and preserves Mexican and other Hispanic cultures, followed by other events on a smaller scale (Three Kings Day, Taco Dinner, Beto Villarreal El Rey Golf Classic Tournament, Mestizo Golf Tournament, Fiesta Walk). Mexican Fiesta has been held for over 43 years attracting more than 85,000 people that enjoy our traditions (food, music, culture, etc.) and support our mission. Mexican Fiesta takes place every fourth weekend in August. (August 25-27, 2017)
This year the WHSF/Mexican Fiesta and LULAC Councils of Wisconsin 342 & 343 are working in collaboration to provide scholarships to deserving young Hispanic men and women that aspire a higher education. Our goal for this year is to empower a greater number of Hispanic students through our scholarship fund program. We are confident that we will achieve our goal with your support and the support of our partners and community, because we all share the same vision "Education is the key to the future".
Click HERE to download the application .
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a WI resident.
- Must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA
- Must have applied to or be enrolled in a Wisconsin college / university.
- Must be a full-time student. (12 credits or more)
- Must complete a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer service for the WHSF/Mexican Fiesta. (Dates and times to be determined by the Committee)
- Must be a minimum of 25 % of Hispanic descent.
- College/University applicant must submit current official or unofficial transcripts.
- High school seniors applicant must submit current official or unofficial transcripts, acceptance letter and copy of ACT or SAT score report.
- Attend the Student Informational Forum Decisions of Today, Impact of Tomorrow (Not mandatory)
This picture may not show all the scholarship recipients
For more information contact the Mexican Fiesta office at 414-383-7066.