The Wisconsin Hispanic Scholarship Foundation, Inc. (WHSF) is the bedrock upon which we energize Wisconsin's fastest growing community in pursuit of critically important mission: The provision of educational scholarships for young Hispanic men and women in the state of Wisconsin. To date our foundation has provided more than one million two hundred fifty thousand dollars ($1,300,000.00+) and has leveraged the kind of educational advancement and economic independence essential to a growing society. In efforts to sustain and grow the number of scholarships, WHSF relies upon a time tested series of events that underscore community involvement at many levels.
Mexican Fiesta festival is the WHSF main fundraising event for scholarships and preserves Mexican and other Hispanic cultures, followed by other events on a smaller scale (Three Kings Day, Taco Dinner, Beto Villarreal El Rey Golf Classic Tournament, Mestizo Golf Tournament, Fiesta Walk). Mexican Fiesta has been held for over 41 years attracting more than 80,000 people that enjoy our traditions (food, music, culture, etc.) and support our mission. Mexican Fiesta takes place every fourth weekend in August. (August 26-28, 2016)
The WHSF/Mexican Fiesta is an affiliate of the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) which is the largest and oldest Hispanic Organization in the United States. LULAC advances the economic condition, educational attainment, political influence, health and civil rights of Hispanic Americans through community-based programs operating at more than 700 LULAC councils nationwide. The organization involves and serves all Hispanic nationality groups.
WHSF/Mexican Fiesta and LULAC Councils of Wisconsin 319 & 322 are working together to provide scholarships to deserving young Hispanic men and women that aspire a higher education. This combination of funds makes it possible. The Wisconsin Hispanic Scholarship Foundation, Inc. /Mexican Fiesta and LULAC Councils of Wisconsin 319 & 322 have awarded more than 100 scholarships for Hispanic students every year.
Scholarship application will be available by the end of January, 2016.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a WI resident.
- Must have applied to or be enrolled in a Wisconsin college / university.
- Must be a full-time student. (12 credits or more)
- Must complete a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer service for the WHSF/Mexican Fiesdta. (Dates and times to be determined by the Committee)
- Must be a minimum of 25 % of Hispanic descent.
- College/University applicant must submit current official or unofficial transcripts.
- High school seniors applicant must submit current official or unofficial transcripts, acceptance letter adn copy of ACT or SAT score report.
- Attend the Student Informational Forum Decisions of Today, Impact of Tomorrow (Not mandatory)
This picture may not show all the scholarship recipients